Design a better business
Align business goals with technology solutions to drive process improvements, competitive advantage and bottom-line gains.
I collaborate with users and IT developers to define requirements for new (or improved) technical solutions that will support what users really need to accomplish.
I define business requirements for association management solutions, CRM solutions, and other customer-facing solutions that support marketing, sales, order fulfillment and customer service. These may be standalone, or integrated into other solutions such as accounting and shipping management.
The requirements I define are well-documented, actionable and measurable.
And these requirements act as the foundation for technical consultants to create the technical design needed for the developers.
- Business strategy.
- Needs analysis.
- Business requirements.
- Functional spec documentation.
Past projects include:
- Spearheading an accelerated $300k Personify (association management software) implementation for an association with $15m in revenues while serving in a dual role of business consultant and project management. I determined optimum work flow processes and system configuration.
- Customizing Personify on a variety of smaller projects to meet specific organizational needs such as creating a specialized process to create new web logins for a trade association site, customizing Outlook plug-in search capabilities, automating monthly payments for YMCA memberships, and more.
- Enabling the automatic application of promotional discounts to the shopping cart for a $60m association, increasing membership revenues without increasing labor costs to maintain.
- Warehouse workflow design for small Internet retailer – Designed processes to allow for the rapid unloading of incoming containers to avoid paying late fees for container rental.
- CRM workflows (especially for Salesforce.com) for small to mid-sized companies for marketing, sales, order fulfillment, and customer service to provide a consistent customer experience while gaining organizational efficiencies. Includes process definition, requirements definition, and designing customized user screen layouts.
- Defined revised product inventory processes for mid-sized refinery, in preparation for designing a new product inventory management solution.
- Defined new processes to manage online reservations for small RV rental company – Improved customer reservation processes and well as defined revised business requirements for a new online reservation system.