Accelerate acceptance of your corporate initiative.
Build a strong business case & gain executive approval.
My business case development capabilities provides business leaders with an in-depth understanding of the project background, the expected business benefits, project assumptions and expected risks. I can also give you insight into the costs and risks of doing nothing.
Also, if relevant to the project, I provide a gap analysis, showing actual performance of early initiatives versus expected performance.
A final and important aspect of the business case is projected financial results, including Return on Investment.
Return on Investment (ROI) analysis
I provide in-depth cost-benefit and other financial analysis for corporate initiatives and programs. These include cash flow analysis, net present value determination (for programs extending longer periods into the future) and Return on Investment.
My analysis combines defendable assumptions with appropriate risk, allowing business leaders to make informed decisions about the economic viability of new initiatives relative to other corporate opportunities.
I'm also a ground-breaking and leading expert in determining social media ROI across the organization. My ROI calculators incorporate potential gains from marketing, sales, customer service, product development, and internal collaboration.
Past projects include:
- Design of multi-tiered software maintenance program for mid-sized software vendor – To support revenue initiatives. Included defining business case and determining pricing model.
- Social media ROI analysis and calculator for large telecom service provider – To determine the business value of an existing social customer service program in order to justify continued and expanded investment. Provided client with smROI calculator to allow customer service management to do their own ad hoc ROI analysis.
- Showed how social customer service retained $10m - $30m in customer revenues for blue chip telecom with ROI of 700%. Justified social team investment and made business case to expand team.
- Determined $88k annual revenues from social marketing for luxury Rocky Mountain hotel (at ROI of 174%). Demonstrated how a modest expansion of social strategy would increase revenues to $1.6m - $2m (560% ROI).
- Cost-benefit analysis of capital purchases (various companies) – Performed in anticipation of major purchases to ensure wise use of resources.